OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 Update
The OS X Mavericks v10.9.2 Update is recommended for all OS X Mavericks users.
Updating your system
- You should back up your system before installation. To do this you can use Time Machine.
- Do not interrupt the installation process once you have started to update your system.
- You may experience unexpected results if you have third-party system software modiﬁcations installed, or if you’ve modiﬁed the operating system through other means.
- Choose Apple menu () > Software Update to check for the latest Apple software using the Mac App Store, including this update.
- Other software updates available for your computer may appear, which you should install. Note that an update’s size may vary from computer to computer when installed using Software Update. Also, some updates must be installed prior to others.
You can also download the manual update installer. This is a useful option when you need to update multiple computers, but only want to download the update once. Standalone installers are available from Apple Support Downloads.
About the update
The OS X Mavericks v10.9.2 Update is recommended for all OS X Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. This update:
- Adds the ability to make and receive FaceTime audio calls
- Adds call waiting support for FaceTime audio and video calls
- Adds the ability to block incoming iMessages from individual senders
- Includes general improvements to the stability and compatibility of Mail
- Improves the accuracy of unread counts in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented Mail from receiving new messages from certain providers
- Improves AutoFill compatibility in Safari
- Fixes an issue that may cause audio distortion on certain Macs
- Improves reliability when connecting to a file server using SMB2
- Fixes an issue that may cause VPN connections to disconnect
- Improves VoiceOver navigation in Mail and Finder
- Improves VoiceOver reliability when navigating websites
- Improves compatibility with Gmail Archive mailboxes
- Includes improvements to Gmail labels
- Improves Safari browsing and Software Update installation when using an authenticated web proxy
- Fixes an issue that could cause the Mac App Store to offer updates for apps that are already up to date
- Improves the reliability of diskless NetBoot service in OS X Server
- Fixes braille driver support for specific HandyTech displays
- Resolves an issue when using Safe Boot with some systems
- Improves ExpressCard compatibility for some MacBook Pro 2010 models
- Resolves an issue which prevented printing to printers shared by Windows XP
- Resolves an issue with Keychain that could cause repeated prompts to unlock the Local Items keychain
- Fixes an issue that could prevent certain preference panes from opening in System Preferences
- Fixes an issue that may prevent migration from completing while in Setup Assistant